The Mocke weed deflector makes sure you don’t get any unwanted resistance stuck to the front of your rudder while paddling.
Many paddlers like to have things stuck there to make them stronger…or to have an excuse…but mostly, and especially when racing, you want to make sure you can maintain maximum speed.
Any kind of weed, sea grass or plastic packet just won’t help your cause.
Dimensions – 4cm (H), 5cm (L), 2.5cm (W)
- Tapered leading edge to push items down and away from the rudder’s leading edge.
- Wide base to assist in sticking it onto your boat.
- Big enough to work, small enough not to cause resistance of its own.
- Colour – Black
- Best secured using a 2 part epoxy glue
- Always roughen the base and sticking area before applying glue
- Use duct tape to keep glue from surrounding areas and to secure while glue dries
- Superglue will also work